Sunday, March 21, 2010

Carrying out the GAME Plan

In order to go forward with my GAME plan I will need to locate different resources. Already we have United Streaming within our classroom which will assist me with finding videos, pictures, etc. when needed for certain subjects. For instance, with our hero unit I was able to use this to find videos or snippets of videos of various heroes. Also, there are experts out there just waiting to be found. We've had speakers come in for various reasons. For the hero unit we have an Olympian come in and talk to the students. Being able to locate these experts is a task I will continue to work on. Finally, since I am fortunate enough to be going through this Program with 3 of my colleagues, it is so nice to be able to go to them for advice when needed.

Additional information I will need will involve how I can use certain tools. For instance, our district blocks certain sites that I would like to use in the future. I need to find out how I can go about unblocking them. I have heard there is a way, but I have not looked into it entirely. Other information is coming to me daily through this class alone. Knowing what is out there is so beneficial.

So far, I've taken steps to look at my curriculum and lessons I already teach to analyze just how I can integrate these new tools. It will be an ongoing process. I want to choose two or three to be the guinea pigs, so to speak. Once I am comfortable enought with the process I think it will be much easier to quickly integrate the rest of the curriculum.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tonya,
    I also love using United Streaming! It's such a great resource. Speaking of being blocked...I had a great website all set up at home to share with my students the next day. I introduced the segment and got everyone all excited. As I was about to show it, the little, blue blocked box popped up. We were all very let down. I have now learned that I need to check the site at school first to see if it is blocked, before I introduce it!

    I, too, have begun to go through my lessons and see how I can integrate technology. I SO agree with you that it is an ongoing process! Sometimes I feel like I can only do one or two lessons a week. But, I am trying to remind myself that I am just in the beginning stages of implementation. I think it's great that you are doing so much with your third graders!
    Great job!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete