Sunday, April 25, 2010

Class Reflection

The biggest thing I learned from this course is the importance of planning technology lessons all out from start to finish before beginning. It makes it much easier to anticipate problems and think them through before being faced with them with 33 students staring at you. The GAME Plan lays it all out piece by piece. This will impact my instructional practice greatly.

I also feel like this course gave me a much better picture of what a digital story is. I think this will help with the most immediate adjustments. I feel a better sense of what it is and how to teach it. Once I feel comfortable with a topic, it makes it much easier to teach. I've already begun to dive into the curriculum using digital stories and they are going very smoothly.

I took an already existing lesson and added wikis, digital video commercials and group collaboration to make it better and more 21st Century friendly. Since I am currently in the middle of the lesson I can definitely say these immediate adjustments have grabbed the attention of my students in a way that I haven't seen before. Having the Plan helped immensely. I plan on putting the GAME Plan to use this summer when I review other curricular areas.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya,
    I can tell you have learned a lot through this class. Using the GAME plan does help you to organize. Remember, every lesson does not have to have a technology component, but you have the right idea about reviewing your curriculum. Your confidence will continue to grow.
    Good luck!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete